We love working on wine farms. It is in our DNA as a company. Why? Because we started our company in Cape Town , a small stone’s throw from the Cape Winelands. Our early adopters in wine should be credited with providing us with invaluable input and refinements to our methods and platform.
Impacts on the wine industry have been in the following areas:
- Demonstrated to suppliers the value of listening and responding to anonymous worker feedback.
- Wine producers referred us to their peers and we now work with co-operatives as well as individual suppliers, buyers and import agents..
- Engagement with cooperatives with 30+ supplier farms, who value the ability to get regular updates and measure progress over time.
Together with our partners in wine, we have learnt about:
- The crucial nature of the first conversation with suppliers or wine business owners. Clearly outlining the commercial benefits and added value of anonymous feedback is key here.
- How motivated and generous workers can be when they have the opportunity to participate.
- Needing to ensure that technology drives an easy un-intimidating user-experience for the workers answering our calls.
- Needing to ensure that calls work with all types of mobile phones, even those that are not commonly used.
- The value of giving feedback to workers after each call cycle and how this feedback helps to increase response rates.